Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
The Job - Manager, Customer Support
As a leader on our Customer Success team, you will be responsible for guiding our Support representatives as they expertly handle a high volume of inbound calls, tickets & chats. In this role, you will focus on keeping work quality high & response times speedy as the company & our customer base grows. Along the way, it's key that you collect & prioritize common requests & needs from our customers & their employees to help Justworks improve.
We are looking for a hands-on leader, who will think & act both strategically & tactically, to drive the teams engagement at all points of the customer lifecycle. You should be enthusiastic & a creative individual with the ability to inspire others, as you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring & developing individual team members.
- Passionate about developing people & building a team
- Able to overcome obstacles in solving problems for others
- Willing to get in the weeds of support to resolve issues
- Excited to be a part of a team that supports customers 24/7
- Calm under pressure
- Deeply caring about your teammates & customers
- Aligned with Justworks mission & share our core values: Camaraderie, Openness, Grit, Integrity & Simplicity
What you'll do:
- Scale/staff the Support team to handle current & future expected inbound inquiry volume
- Help to manage our 24/7 work hours & workforce planning
- Focus on process definition, optimization & improvements to make the team more efficient
- Collaborate with internal teams on tools & new platforms to deliver a high-quality customer experience
- Obsess over customer satisfaction & set clear expectations for what successful customer interactions look like
- Own & publish key metrics for the team, such as response time, customer NPS & work volume
- Work closely with our Training Manager to ensure that content is in place for successful new employee onboarding
- Handle general management responsibilities, such as leading regular team meetings, generating weekly metrics reports, & conducting periodic performance reviews
- Proven experience with mentoring and/or coaching fellow team members
- Track record of excellence in your current role
- Must have previous PEO, payroll, or benefits experience
- Ability to identify service trends & present a path to resolve them
- Self-driven to be productive & seek out self-improvement
- Genuine desire to improve the quality of service we provide as well as the experience of our team members
- Superior customer support skills & comfort handling challenging situations over the phone - ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive & resourceful
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new products & helping to break down complicated topics & explain them in simple terms people can understand
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem you face, & know how to organize & prioritize your workload
- Proficiency with CRM & communication platforms; admin experience a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.