Plated is the meal kit for people who love foodand were passionate about crafting beautiful & engaging experiences that help people transform dinnertime. Were searching for a junior graphic designer to help execute innovative design solutions & help grow our creative vision. As a vital member of our in-store-focused creative team, youll help us translate the Plated brand into new physical & experiential territories.
What Youll be Doing
- Report to the Senior Designer of Retail to develop work that is on-brand across all mediums (print & digital), addressing design specifications, & applying results gained from user testing, results & research.
- Maintain & evolve brand assets for all in-store initiatives, including packaging graphics, physical packaging componentry (in collaboration with our Packaging team), in-store signage, support collateral, marketing campaigns, partnerships, & more.
- Partner with Senior Designer of Retail & Retail Marketing Managers to maintain & evolve the in-store products look & feel while ensuring consistency among the overall product family.
- Participate in brainstorming & creation of concepts (exploring multiple territories) for best-in-class executions in the areas of in-store, package design, & product marketing.
- Partner with Senior Designer of Retail to present creative concepts to key stakeholders.
- Partner with Senior Designer of Retail to develop strong relationships with print vendors, internal teams, outside partners & external agencies to ensure design process & execution work seamlessly, are consistent, & meet the highest standards
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor of Art Degree Required
- Up to 3 years design experience, either in-house or at an agency
- Exceptional design sense & background in visual design
- Strong typography & layout skills
- Ability to execute excellent design that adheres to the overall strategy
- Comfortable collaborating with stakeholders & team members from various creative disciplines
- Efficient time management, ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to prepare print & digital files for production
- Interest in a startup environment
- Interest in print, environmental, experiential & retail-specific design
- Excellent communication skills, both written & spoken
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.