Intern - Workplace Operations Coordinator
About your potential future team:Workplace Operations team creates the commercial, physical, & cultural frameworks that help us grow & scale. We collaborate to keep our business running smoothly & ensure we stay on track to meet (and exceed) our goals. We also design & support work environments that reflect our culture & help you reach your highest potential.
A typical day in this role:
Every day is different, but the common denominator is that the Workplace Operations Coordinator sets the stage for the office & carefully curates the experience for everyone walking through the door - from fellow Pivots to clients to recruits to vendors. Youll be the partner between the Real Estate & Brand Experience team & the local office. As the air traffic controller, youll coordinate day to day office operations related to facilities, food & beverage, internal events, security, calendaring & administrative organization. Every transaction & interaction will be through a hospitality lens with exceptional service being the top priority.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills with a hospitality mindset
- Persistent enthusiasm & friendly attitude; a positive outlook
- Superb communication skills: non-verbal, verbal, & written
- Solid organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to act on your feet & problem solve
- Ability to work independently & in collaboration with others
- Ability to efficiently prioritize & juggle multiple projects/demands simultaneously
- Ability to coordinate vendor relationships
- Strong computer skills with experience in google mail/calendar & its accompanying applications
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience in hospitality, customer service/support, corporate facilities or related field
- The ability to maintain composure & positivity through less than perfect circumstances
- Experience with google mail/calendaring & its accompanying applications
- Beginning coordination knowledge of: events, projects, food & beverage, facilities maintenance, ask@ticket systems, employee health & safety guidelines
- Experience in a startup, fast paced environment
We really care about our employees & offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package
- Free breakfast, beverage, snacks, beers, etc
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
About our Shanghai Office:
Centrally located in Huangpu District, our Shanghai office recently moved into WeWork Overseas International Center. We are a short walk away from Peoples Square as well as many historic & major cultural sites.
Pivotal Software combines platform, tools, & methodology to help the worlds largest companies transform the way they build software & run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies & developers to give software development & IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity & creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by & form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate & help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working:
Agile, lean & domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk & getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you & innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.