About the Role:
The Associate General Counsel will provide legal advice & assistance across SecurityScorecard's growing business. The ideal candidate offers experience in enterprise SaaS and/or cybersecurity, a focus on designing solutions for scale, & desires to serve as a trusted advisor & business partner to colleagues cross functionally.
- Draft & negotiate customer contracts with a focus on scalable solutions for optimizing contract flow & reducing time to close
- Draft & negotiate & other legal documents including software licenses & consulting agreements.
- Work with Sales Operations to manage the deal desk process
- Continue to improve legal close process
- Compliance to all document requirements including insurance limit
- Understanding international filing requirements
- Work directly with & support the companys product development organization
- Review advertising & marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Oversee legal issues relating to the companys IP portfolio
- Establish & implement regulatory compliance program
- Support the companys operations, marketing, IT & services procurement teams
- Assist on corporate structure & organization matters
- Assist with corporate, M&A, intellectual property, litigation, employment, international & other legal matters as required
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, privacy, IP, & high-tech laws to ensure an ongoing ability to provide informed legal & business advice
- A Bachelors Degree, a Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school, & a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- 3-5 years of experience practicing law at a law firm or in house (or a combination of both)
- Software and/or computer security experience is strongly preferred
- Experience drafting & negotiating complex enterprise agreements
- Fluency with, or eagerness to learn about, technology to the extent necessary to counsel the business
- Flexible, self-starting, hard-working, & comfortable with informed decision-making
- Business judgment & ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Enthusiastic team member who enjoys taking ownership of projects, building relationships cross-functionally, & working on cutting edge legal issues
- Strong analytical & advisory skills, including the ability to review, evaluate & counsel business colleagues on complex & routine legal questions relating to various business issues
SecurityScorecard is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, & insights. Weve built a new category of enterprise software which enables companies to rate & understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors & use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, & vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, & Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously & targeting talent who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. A successful Scorecarder exemplifies our S(CORE) values: Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, operate as One Team, Resilience & Embody #SecurityDNA. Your interest in making an impact in our organization & alignment with these values is as important as your skills.