WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Were looking for an ambitious, creative, resourceful & proactive intern to join The Knot Worldwide consumer marketing & public relations teams for thefall semester. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker & resourceful team member. Youll thrive in this role if you have an enthusiasm for innovative marketing solutions, enjoy media monitoring & media relations, have a desire to learn, & get excited about working with leading brands in the wedding, parenting, home & entertainment spaces. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in a career in marketing, public relations, & strategic communication.
- Hone skills in writing, organization, communication, brainstorming, & event coordination
- Learn & refine skills in developing targeted media lists, media pitches, media tracking, content marketing, data storytelling, & brand strategy
- A love of writing & creative brainstorming are essential!
SUCCESSFUL CONSUMER MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail in all work
- Time management skills
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize work & multi-task
- Ability to switch between day-to-day details & big picture as necessary
- Problem solver & self-starter
- Working knowledge of Google Suite & Microsoft Office
- A passion for our family of brands
- Previous PR or marketing internship experience a plus
- Skills in data management & organization a plus
- An eye for design & photography a plus
- Available to work a full day (10am-6:00pm) on Tuesdays & Thursdays
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You are respectful & act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isnt right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You arent afraid to challenge the status quo & know that theres no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback & never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.