At Tanium, our Field Technical Account Manager (TAM) fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by understanding the Tanium value proposition. TAMs collaborate with their manager & other senior team members to build & take ownership of the technical account strategy for their assigned customer accounts. Operating in a collaborative team environment with other TAMs, developers, enterprise services, & sales, TAMs contribute to each customers success by supporting the Tanium platform in the field through leveraging the best practices to operationalize Tanium & lead technical sales opportunities for their assigned accounts.
What youll do:
Manage customer accounts by:
- Solving Level 1, 2, & 3 cases
- Conducting health-checks
- Assisting others with their assigned customers
- Improving the Tanium operational status within customer accounts
Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, & reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the testing, troubleshooting, & technical pre-sales aspects of the area.
- Leading training sessions
- Mentoring other TAMs
- Participating in the interview process
- Developing new capabilities on the Tanium platform with a high level of autonomy
Driving sales results by:
- Leading technical pre-sales opportunities
- Participating in marketing events
Were looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience & Skills
- Three to ten years in the industry with solid technical skills in multiple areas such as networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains:Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python.).
- Prior experience & breadth of knowledge needed to lead customers & internal teams.
- Has experience managing customers & is able to lead pre-sales opportunities.
- Ability to master new concepts & technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform & modules.
- Critical thinking & problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts & successfully convey the problem statement & plan to others.
- Proficient at enterprise-level troubleshooting.
- Good Judgement; weighs the cost & value in order to take the action most appropriately aligned with the Tanium & the mission with little direction.
- Independent; can work on most complex problems; should be able to complete tasks that are not well documented with limited assistance; participate in projects specific to their current skills only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues.
- Influencing; demonstrate strong influence skills, working effectively with the team & customers to present logical & compelling arguments to enhance innovation & efficiencies.
Good to Have:
- Hands-on Tanium experience
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.)
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/