Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
The IT Administrator serves as the primary contact for all Vox Media employee IT needs in our New York office & is responsible for making sure the people on our team have the tools they need to do incredible work. The IT Administrator will work closely with staff & actively engage in the troubleshooting of everyday IT requests as they arise. The ideal candidate is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to all employees & visitors to the Vox Media office. As Vox Media continues to grow, our IT Administrator will play an essential role in enhancing the security & quality of Vox Medias IT infrastructure.
The employees primary duty includes the exercise of discretion & independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
What you'll do:
- Plan & provision office hardware & software
- Source & procure equipment
- Upgrade office equipment, hardware & software as needed
- Mac (and some PC) helpdesk support
- Help troubleshoot office networking issues
- Manage inventory & vendor relations for IT equipment/services
- Manage phones/lines (hardware as well as VOIP/hosted-PBX)
- Manage A/V equipment & videoconferencing software (Zoom)
- Assist with onboarding/offboarding employees
- Provide support for Google Apps
- Document all aspects of IT infrastructure
- Daily monitoring of support issues
- Maintain & provision IT assets such as laptops, mobile devices & servers
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve employee engagement
- Use skills, knowledge & abilities to identify areas of improvement.
- Provides in-depth analysis of technical systems with supporting data & employee supported documentation.
- Work independently to advance task related to projects
- Ability to understand & mitigate risk associated with core technology as well as supporting & supplemental technology.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, network, VoIP & A/V as well as other office & studio related technology
- Basic knowledge of an enterprise network stack
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Attention to detail & strong written communication skills to help with technical documentation
- Good judgment & critical thinking skills
- Experience with JAMF Casper Suite
- Experience Juniper / Aerohive networking equipment
- Knowledge of broadcast, studio and/or audio visual equipment
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.