Marketing Manager, Japan
[Chief Editor, Writer, Storyteller]
In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with the cross functional teams to create contents that support product launches, improve flywheel dynamics, & align with other company initiatives. Your primary goal will be to develop the HubSpot Japan blog as a vehicle to attract & engage large number of prospective customers, & to demonstrate HubSpots thought leadership in Marketing/Sales/Service related topics.
Inbound marketing is a business methodology that attracts customers to your business, by creating valuable content & experiences tailored to them. For many of HubSpots prospective customers, reading contents on the HubSpot Japan blog is the first encounter with HubSpot. Your role is to publish significant volume of content (5~10/week) to attract large number of readers, while maintaining the quality of contents so they would want to continue to engage with us.
You will lead the creation & distribution of content & be the guardian of the voice of HubSpot Japan. The ideal candidate will have a history of working with internal & external stakeholders to develop a coherent view of business, strategy, & future trends, & turning those ideas into interesting & relevant stories for the readers.
You will be expected to be more coach & editor, rather than simply a writer - although there will be some of that. You will be working closely with the cross functional teams, (e.g. SEO/Content Strategy, Sales, PR, Product) to identify content gaps, to develop content strategy, & to create & publish contents based on the editorial calendar.
These contents may be created in various ways (some internally, some externally, & some by yourself), but you will be responsible for ensuring that a steady stream of high quality content, which reflects the view of HubSpot Japan, are published on a regular basis.
The right person for this role is highly efficient, skilled in both the analytical & creative aspects of content creation, & eager to learn & to have a big impact on the business.
- Publish insightful & thought provoking content, to drive traffic to the HubSpot Japan blog & to establish HubSpot Japan as a thought leader in the field of Marketing/Sales/Service.
- Continuously measure & analyze the performance of the blog to identify & implement strategic improvements to attract & engage large number of prospective customers.''
- Develop an effective scheme to leverage the traffic the the HubSpot Japan blog to the drive lead generation.
- Support writing of lead generation content (ebooks, reports, etc.) with the goal of converting traffic to the HubSpot blog into leads.
- Demonstrate effective project management with both internal & external stakeholders to ensure that content is published on time & within budget.
- Build ongoing & open relationships with the cross functional teams (locally & globally) to understand the challenges theyre facing that marketing can help solve.
- Challenge what exists today & create more efficient ways of achieving better
We are looking for people who:
- Are passionate about Inbound & the transformative effect it could have on the marketing industry in Japan.
- Are obsessive over impact & results, can back decisions with data & are able to tie campaign results to company impact.
- Are skilled writer & editor. Ability to hunt for good stories, & the right people to write them. Not intimidated putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard)
- Has 3-5 years professional experience in content marketing, editorial, or related role.
- Has the ability to build up a pipeline of successful content. (multiple pieces of content that generate conversation should be published weekly.)
- Has demonstrated exceptional project management & cross-team collaboration skills to deliver projects on time
- Has excellent Japanese communication skills, both verbal & written. Solid understanding of Japanese business scenes.
- Has business-level communication skill in English.
Other Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience managing or regularly contributing to an online publication
- Some basic understanding of SEO. (or willingness to learn)
- Entrenched in the world of business, marketing, sales, & tech. You love to read & write about this stuff.
- Has the passion for working with technology products & proven track record in performing in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of HubSpot, Flywheel & INBOUND.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify & whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, & wed love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software & systems that power the worlds small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, & employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, & transparency. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, & learn about our commitment to creating a diverse & inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, & more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. Were headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, & we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), Paris (France), & Bogot (Colombia).