Real Estate Transaction Lead
As Expansion Real Estate Lead, you will be a crucial part of the team responsible for bringing Compass to major new markets across the country. You are a detail-oriented team player, that enjoys navigating the real estate process from site evaluation to lease negotiation, & are excited about the prospect of helping set the company up for success in new markets. Your role will play a leading part in the selection, design, & construction of new offices.
At Compass you will:
- Assess viability for new locations: conduct site inspections, cost analyses, proposal development, & lease negotiations
- Direct involvement with lease review, negotiation & renewal processes
- Work with external project management team & assist in the management of relationships with external partners. Develop collaborative relationships with local & HQ teams
- Manage analytics & project tracking to ensure effective construction & contracting. Identify, manage, & implement effective processes to ensure high functionality
- Work across departments to communicate status of real estate projects & coordinate/facilitate integration of responsibilities with other departments as needed
- Partner with corporate development team to evaluate business operations across regions & identify opportunities to create both operational & cost efficiencies
- Analyze & recommend strategic locations in conjunction with design & construction initiatives that support growth of Compass
What Were Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in Real Estate Development, Property Management, Construction Management, or related; consideration given for industry experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a corporate commercial real estate role, specifically multi-location & retail experience. Cross-regional portfolio experience preferred
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working with commercial leases
- Requires strong knowledge of market conditions, analytics, cost, lease negotiations, project tracking, contracts, etc.
- Proven experience building consensus among internal & external stakeholders
- Passionate devotion to effective processes & high quality results
- Exceptional communications skills, verbal & written. Excels in a collaborative, relationship-driven culture
- Willingness to travel as needed
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.