Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
The Allocator role at Rent the Runway is responsible for allocating end-of-life merchandise to third party channels based on historical insights, current assortment strategies, real-time warehouse inventory levels, & in support of the monetization goals of the overall business. Weekly allocations to third party channels ensure they are at an optimal stock level & assortment based on merchandising & seasonal trends.
You will gain a strong understanding of local markets & partnerships, facilitate ongoing communication with the planning & operations teams, & analyze & manage inventory in the context of our overall business goals. This role requires excellent communication, analytical, & Microsoft Excel skills.
You will report to the Inventory Monetization Manager & work in close partnership with our Operations, Site Merchandising, & Planning teams. The ideal candidate is curious, comfortable working with large sets of data & energized by having a direct impact on team initiatives.
What Youll Do:
Support the Inventory Performance & Optimization teams inventory allocation process, including but not but not limited to the following:
- Allocate inventory to meet specific targets provided by Inventory Monetization Manager
- Communicate & provide clear path to resolve discrepancies from targets throughout allocation process
- Partner with Operations to meet volume & date targets for each individual allocation
- Provide insights into areas for improvement for allocation processes & tools
- Manage the organization & archiving of historical allocation data
- Compile data & generate standard as well as ad hoc reporting, on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Work with cross-functional teams, specifically Planning & Operations to ensure product & inventory strategies are carried out at third party events or transfers
- You have a Bachelors degree
- You have 2-3 years of relatable experience or in a relatable industry (Allocation, Planning, Supply Chain, Category Management, Merchandising)
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, & are especially comfortable with Excel
- Strong communication skills across multiple mediums & an ability to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the bigger picture
- Interest in developing skills to utilize internal data platforms to provide an analytical approach to future allocations
Extra Credit Skills:
- Professional Skills: Statistics & Forecasting, Data Analysis, Demand Planning, Retail Math, Inventory Management, Strategic Planning
- Computer Skills: SQL, Looker, Tableau
- Experience with Assortment Planning Tools
The anticipated salary for the temporary position will be $30-$31 per hour. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.