Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. As a Senior Business Operations & Planning Associate youll join a team of experts to contribute to our mission.
The Business Operations & Planning teams mission is to empower our operating leaders to achieve comprehensive business plans. We are part of the office of the COO & work closely with executives & senior leaders across commercial teams, technology teams, Finance, & other G&A functions.
- Focus on building, coordinating, & maintaining our metrics system
- Work with the head of Business Operations & Planning, Finance, & Data Insights teams on our data strategy
- Build & re-enforce a single source of truth system & culture
- Own the roadmap for Flexports Dashboard Tree
- Coordinate across business functions & Flexports Data Insights team to continuously rationalize our data problem solving
- Run ad hoc analyses & build data tools as needed
- Coordinate robust metric & KR definition & processes during Planning & Reporting cycles
- Run small strategic short term programs as necessary
You should have:
- 3+ years of experience in business operations, finance, analytics, operations, consulting, or advisory role
- Highly prefer industry experience from logistics, energy, real estate, retail, manufacturing, etc.
- Advanced expertise in data manipulation tools including strong SQL skills and experience with modeling in Excel/Sheets
- Highly self-motivated, low ego, growth mindset, high emotional intelligence (EQ), innately curious, resourceful, & always ready to roll up your sleeves to solve the tough problems
- Comfortable working with ambiguity & capable of quickly shifting topics & priorities given business requirements
- Detail oriented with a focus on high quality of work
- Self starter with high level of autonomy & integrity in your work
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.