Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating APIs & CLIs that our community of developers will love.
Our community loves us for our elegant tools & interfaces. We want to help them scale their business to the next level. We are looking for an engineer to join our growing API/CLI team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Client Engineering (in Developer Experience), this engineer will work closely with our community & our internal teams to bring our excellent user experience to our APIs & CLIs.
This role is wildly collaborative. Our API/CLI team is central to our mission. We have a extensive supporting cast to ensure were providing a great developer experience.
This role can be 100% Remote or in our NY or Cambridge offices.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Helping build the public APIs & CLIs that teams of developers use to interact with DigitalOcean features.
- Collaborating across the Engineering team to provide a consistent, coherent public API.
- Listening & responding to feedback from the community.
- Working openly/publicly (via github) with open source software.
- Be supported by our infrastructure team for shared infrastructure needs (API Gateway, Auth, Deployment, Observability).
What Well Expect From You:
- Empathy for our developer users & the customers/stakeholders you support..
- Passion for delivering simple & elegant solutions that developers will love.
- Opinions about API & CLI design: Who are the inspirational/aspirational companies doing it well or not so well in your estimation?
- Experience with REST (and optionally Terraform).
- Understanding of API versioning strategies, access control, & other best practices.
- Excitement about working with Go, gRPC or similar technologies.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!