Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
As a Contract Customer Support Associate, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer support with empathy & emotional intelligence. You will work cross-functionally to understand company-wide changes, emerging events, & help our users understand them.
What Youll Do:
- Answer incoming emails via Zendesk with a focus on quality responses & thorough resolutions. Deliver extraordinary, high volume results.
- Build relationships between Codecademy & our users through an empathetic & passionate approach to customer support work.
- Analyze incoming questions & identify areas for product & process improvements.
- Develop smart, robust, & comprehensive Help Center content.
- Tackle other project-based work, & work cross-departmentally with the team.
- Exchange information about the Codecademy product, & ensure it is communicated appropriately & relayed to our users.
What Youll Need:
- 3 years working in a customer-facing support role.
- Previous experience with Zendesk.
- A demonstrated ability succeeding in a customer support department in a fast-paced, growing startup.
- You need to be self-motivated & able to work independently, & comfortable collaborating cross functionally on a dynamic team.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) & feel comfortable describing technical concepts to a varied audience in an accessible way.
- To think deeply & constantly look for ways to relentlessly improve.
- A deep passion for problem solving.
- Natural interpersonal & relationship building skills, & a passion for developing customer loyalty.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Previous experience working at a startup.
- Programming experience.
- Youve learned a skill on Codecademy in the past.
- Youre available to work on the weekend.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richlydiversedemographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that richdiversity. Our company celebratesdiversityin all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.