Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Role:
As a Planner on our fashion team, you will be responsible for creating, operationalizing & maintaining inventory plans. You will be accountable for maintaining & driving optimal inventory levels by category & channel to maximize ROI. You will report to the Planning Director & work cross-functionally with Analytics, Buying, Site Merchandising, Operations, & Finance. The ideal candidate is curious, comfortable working with complex data & energized by having a direct impact on growth.
What You'll Do:
This role will be responsible for several key company initiatives across inventory planning, including:
- Ownership of inventory forecasting to support Operations, Growth/Marketing, & Finance & other cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with key business functions to strategically plan & model growth to guide inventory needs & assumptions
- Analyze inventory performance, perform data visualizations, & regularly communicate findings to Merchandising teams
- Partner with Inventory Analytics team to ensure actionable analysis is performed to improve Buying teams understanding of & ability to improve key metrics
- Partner with planning & operations team to ensure processes are optimized & we are driving innovation to improve ROI
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in Planning, Consulting, Analytics or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in SQL & Tableau
- Understanding of financial metrics & concepts
- Planning & organizational skills
- Comfortable making decisions & recommendations grounded in data
- Ability to troubleshoot & resolve inventory issues through objective analysis & planning
- Ability to work with limited resources & collaborate cross-functionally with different departments
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously & effectively prioritize across a diverse workload with strong project management skills/discipline to meet set deadlines
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.