About This Position
As a Senior Client Services Manager & member of the Private Wealth Management team at Ellevest, you will play a critical role in working closely with our Financial Advisors to ensure the financial needs of our Ellevest clients are being met & their client experience is exceptional. This role is on the front lines of the Private Wealth Management team & critical to hearing, translating, & meeting the needs of our clients. Youll serve as the leader of the client service function, managing other client service managers & partnering with other internal teams such as Investments, Operations, Compliance & Marketing.
- Lead the PWM Client Services Team; manage other Client Service Managers & create a strategic client service model that will scale as we grow.
- Communicate client feedback to key stakeholders & work closely with the Product Team to launch new products that will enhance the overall client experience.
- Onboard new relationships as clients are welcomed & transition into the Ellevest family. This will include everything from capturing critical client information & opening proper accounts at Schwab to anticipating the future needs of our clients both personal & financial.
- Work directly with Financial Advisors to prepare bespoke materials for initial calls & meetings & to ensure that all inquiries are answered quickly & thoroughly during the prospecting process.
- Serve as a critical liaison between Financial Advisors, Investments, Operations, Compliance & our clients. Support existing client relationships. When the needs of our clients change, our Service Professionals will frequently be the first call.
- Assist Financial Advisors as our investment offering evolves. This will include helping to communicate new investment opportunities to clients & executing on operational procedures to get clients invested.
- Partner with the Financial Advisors & Marketing on events, content creation & advertising to increase the number of new client opportunities.
- Develop & track key performance indicators for the Client Services Team to ensure that team performance goals are being met
- Manage client retention initiatives such as personalized email communications, holiday gifts, & comprehensive annual reviews.
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment, as well as in a high touch client-facing role.
- 4+ years work experience in the financial services industry in a client facing role
- Experience with asset management & client portfolio management
- FINRA Series 65, or 7 & 66
- Exceptional written & oral communication abilities, specifically when working with high net worth clients
- Familiarity with private wealth management operations, & particularly client onboarding & alternative investments, is ideal
- Capacity to work closely & successfully with Financial Advisors
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced & dynamic work environment, in working independently & on a team
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher that traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after start-ups, as well as a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list -- identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Start-ups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
Flexible Schedule & Vacation
Beautiful Office in Flatiron
Health, vision, & dental insurance
Parental leave policy
Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.