Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking an experienced Resource & Operations Manager to work with our global team to support a range of internal operations within our Agency business, to ensure we deliver Agency projects efficiently & effectively for our clients.
The Resource & Operations Manager will have experience managing resource allocation, having led staffing for a variety of departments in a professional services environment. The Resource & Operations Manager will also have experience designing & overseeing internal tracking & report processes, including staff utilization tracking, project profitability tracking, & more. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems & oversee multiple moving pieces in a fast-paced & creative client service environment.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in the expansion of our New York & London offices, work with our growing offices in India, Kenya, Brazil & Australia & will shape the makeup of Purpose in the years to come.
This role is full-time & based in our New York office.
The Resource & Operations Manager will be joining Purpose's Agency Operations team, managing a range of internal operations including staffing across departments, Agency team utilization & billability reporting, & high level oversight of Agency projects. As the Resource & Operations Manager, you will:
- Prepare future staffing forecasts & staff availability reporting for all Agency teams (Creative, Strategy, Campaigns, Project Management)
- Create & share back staff utilization reports with management
- Allocate time in our current staffing platform, 10K
- Ensure timesheets are completed, including following up with staff as needed
- Work with our Creative Director to manage day-to-day staff resource allocation for our Creative team
- Oversee our internal project tracking system to monitor team, client, & financial health of all Agency projects
- Conduct onboarding for all Agency staff on a range of internal Agency operations & procedures
- Provide leadership and/or support on other departmental matters & initiatives
- Source part-time contractors & support on contracts with vendors as needed
THE DAY TO DAY
- Resource Management:
- Work closely with the Department Heads to allocate team members across all active projects
- Ensure that team members are set up for success on projects, including being fully briefed on their projects & aware of key deadlines
- Secure contractors & other external resources to fill team roles on projects as needed
- Resource Utilization Management:
- Continuously collaborate with Department Heads to determine current & upcoming staffing needs across multiple teams
- Review & analyze weekly utilization reports to Department Heads to inform decision-making on staff allocation
- Conduct forward-looking utilization forecasts to determine Agency hiring needs across Departments
- Project Operations Management:
- Work with Project Managers to ensure consistent & accurate reporting of project client, team, & financial health via Project Dashboards
- Work with the Managing Director to set up & conduct project kick-off, mid-point, & close-out check-ins with all Agency project teams
- Work with the Managing Director to conduct client feedback surveys for all Agency projects upon closure
- Work with the Managing Director to maintain a range of other Agency tracking & reporting systems, including for client renewals, business development recognition awards, & other critical functions
- You have 5+ years of combined project management & resource management experience
- You are a confident & sophisticated communicator, presenter, & writer
- You have a track record of building effective & efficient project and/or program management systems in a client services environment
- You have proven experience with talent and/or resource management, having worked with a range of multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced client services environment
- You carry high personal integrity, with a commitment to advancing both profit & mission-driven objectives
- You have significant project management experience, & can speak to those experiences
- You have knowledge & experience in the execution of best practices in management & operations for growing organizations
- You take pride in your emotional intelligence, & your ability to facilitate between teams & employees
- Eligible to work in the US
- You are familiar with creative agencies, campaigning, & movement-building or issue areas of strong relevance to Purposes mission
- You are excited to support global teams & work with people from diverse backgrounds
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.