BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
BUSINESS STRATEGY AT PURE
The Pure Storage Business Strategy team is closely aligned with both the Sales & Finance organizations and works closely with product management, legal, engineering & many other teams to develop winning strategies in the market & creative solutions for customers that provide both effective economics to our customers & a profitable position for Pure. The team directly influences go-to-market plans. Our International team Business Strategy team covers all theaters outside of North America. The successful candidate will have 360 visibility to all aspects of business management & play a crucial role in leading our most strategic pursuits to success through accurate modelling of options & impact to supporting decision making.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
For our International Business Strategy team we are looking for an experienced & highly talented Commercial Modelling specialist with exceptional problem solving skills to join our Business Strategy team. The successful candidate will be responsible to work with our sales teams to accurately model & analyse our most strategic bids & pursuits. This includes discussion with top management as well customer engagement to explore options & create a win-win success story.
This role is both strategic & tactical: it needs to drive the short or medium term win, but also secure the long term growth & profitability of the company. This role will require timely collaboration between multiple, passionate stakeholders for urgent, time-sensitive decisions.
- Be the go-to person for large strategic pursuits where sales teams across International need modelling support
- Provide sales teams & leadership with deal options & impact analyses to drive winning strategies for the customer & for Pure
- Manage deal engagements across International, creatively structure & model deals & support internal approvals for them.
- Close engagement & collaboration with sales teams to understand the intricacies of a pursuit & develop competitive & sustainable options for success
- Engage with customers to understand requirements, how they account for IT investments & realise benefits, & explain Pures proposed options to support them
- Develop a strong understanding of Pures business model, competitive landscape & product offers
- Understand common deal patterns & drive pricing & monetization strategies to win deals
- Trusted advisor to International sales teams & company leadership, sharing insights & trends on key business metrics
- Be a Business Partner in cross-functional teams of Sales, Finance, Legal & Product Management - shaping & analysing large & complex deals to maximize key business metrics.
- Stay abreast of disruptive players/vendors entering the market
- Analyse market trends & customer feedback to anticipate customer needs, features, & functional requirements from which the product, engineering, technical & development teams can design, build, test & implement new products & offerings
- Support International commercial policy & investments/growth projects
- Work closely with cross functional teams including corporate functions in California
- Maintain a confident, well informed point-of-view to challenge conventional or entrenched views.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Strong analytical & critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent business modelling skills
- Best-in-class expertise in Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets, strong ability to mine data & ensure modelling is driven by facts to the maximum extent possible
- Strong communication skills
- Great business acumen & exceptional problem-solving skills, seeing a challenge through to the end.
- Collaborative & open style which is proactive & service oriented.
- Can-do attitude, ability to quickly get up to speed with complex new topic areas, & capable of driving insight to tangible action plans.
- Extensive modelling experience in a senior capacity with exposure to senior decision makers
- Minimum 10 years of experience, preferably in the high tech industry, of which 5+ years of experience in commercial management, product management, or comparable function.
- Ability to gain & maintain credibility with senior management.
- Strong & effective verbal & written skills.
- Storage industry experiences a plus.
- International travel is required on a regular basis including travel to the US.
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g. business, finance, economics, science, engineering, or a related field)
- MBA highly beneficial
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.