Mode is continuing to hire with all interviewing & on-boarding done remotely due to COVID-19. All new & existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until its safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.Mode is continuing to hire with all interviewing & on-boarding done remotely due to COVID-19. All new & existing Mode employees will continue to work from home until its safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, you will have the choice to work from our office in SF or from home.
Mode is changing how organizations make decisions by equipping every single person with the power to collaborate on analytics & share insights at the pace of work today. We're building the most advanced web-based environment for creating, sharing, & discussing ad-hoc analysis using a variety of technologies. We have a rapidly expanding list of happy customers who love our product & we're growing to serve even more.
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer at Mode, you'll work closely with other Engineers, PM's, & Designers to build a powerful application, enabling anyone to build complex data visualizations & manipulations. From building Visual Data Modeling tools to working on our Data Engine that will power millions of queries a day, your work will impact the way our customers understand & share their data.
What you'll do
- Develop our core web applications for data analysts & business users
- Define & maintain development practices that let us move fast with quality
- Work with a wide range of tools & technologies (from SQL to Ruby, Ruby on Rails) & be able to evaluate technologies for what we are building
- Collaborate with a small cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, & Designers to build, test, & ship new user facing code
- Learn from others & teach those around you
What we look for
- You have built & shipped web applications
- Aptitude with several programming languages (we hire people with backgrounds in any languages, but right now we are primarily using Ruby, Go, Java, & TypeScript)
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, & continuous deployment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy balance between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Flexible work scheduleswe trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment & a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The base compensation range for this role is $125,000 - $225,000 to be determined by level.