What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team & Role
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Enterprise Credit Risk team in New York. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Credit Risk & be accountable for refining & enforcing the credit risk exposure framework for global lending & structured finance activities. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's business lines & operating model.
- Apply a risk framework & policy aligned to risk appetite for single-name & portfolio credit exposure limits for a wide range of trading counterparties including proprietary traders, hedge funds, custodians, exchanges, & crypto miners
- Contribute to ongoing working group discussions to review structured finance trades & new coin evaluations
- Support periodic credit risk evaluations of custodians & exchanges providing third-party services
- Assist in defining a framework to measure & evaluate consumer credit risk using credit score data, characteristic data such as geography, & regression modeling against macroeconomic data
- Assist Enterprise Risk in the identification & assessment of credit risks, including the effects of credit enhancements & other controls & mitigants
- Report key risk indicators, performance metrics, analyses & other results to stakeholders & leadership on a regular cadence, demonstrating judgment in escalating to senior management when appropriate
- Aggregate metrics & findings, & synthesize key themes for risk management reporting
- Develop effective relationships across a range of front- & middle-office functions to achieve mutual goals
- University Degree in an engineering or humanities discipline. MBA preferred
- Certifications such as FRM, PRM or CFA are a plus
- 4+ years of experience in credit risk management, risk management framework design, or wholesale credit underwriting. Experience supporting capital markets businesses preferred
- Experience with integrating credit risk findings into capital adequacy, financial planning, or risk appetite statements a plus
- Outstanding critical reasoning & problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Ability to develop partnering relationships with the business while remaining willing to challenge if needed
- Ability to work both independently & in a team
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Microsoft Office, & LogicGate applications preferred
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!