Common is the nations leading community-driven property manager, improving city living across 6 cities & for over 600 members. Using our signature approach to perfecting the modern rental experience, Common designs & operates coliving & traditional apartments in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, & Washington, D.C.
Commons hands-on, end-to-end property management & technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of todays renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to act on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves & has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Senior Salesforce Technical Architect who is excited about building the engine that will fuel day-to-day operations at Common. You will work closely with stakeholders across our Home Operations, Real Estate, Design & Construction, & Digital Product organizations to advance the capabilities of our Salesforce & technology platforms, provide technical direction for projects, & ensure the platform & projects are successfully archiving the desired business outcome. You will contribute to the full project lifecycle from planning to inception through to testing & rollout & will heavily influence architecture, solutions, & the final design. This role will be part of our Digital Product team & report to the Chief Technology Officer.
The ideal candidate is someone who is a self-starter that can identify opportunities to streamline, automate, & build tools for scale. You will be expected to track new developments in the Salesforce platform & continually research & learn on your own in order to arrive at creative & effective solutions to problems that are thrown your way. You should be excited about tackling messy problems & have the ability to balance extreme attention to detail with quick implementation & iteration. Above all, you must be a team player who can work successfully with multiple stakeholders & provide mentorship to other members of the team.
- Partner with stakeholders to translate their business needs & priorities into Salesforce solutions
- Supervise & support our Salesforce developers & ensure they are building sustainable & scalable long term solutions
- Dive into our Salesforce infrastructure to identify opportunities to create a more stable, less error-prone environment
- Work with our software engineering team to identify integration opportunities with our homegrown proprietary property management platform
- Develop proof of concepts & prototypes
- Proactively seek out, identify & implement necessary system changes & improvements
- Identify technical design risks & develop mitigation strategies
- 8+ years of software architecture or engineering experience
- 3+ years of Salesforce development & architecture experience
- Demonstrated experience designing & delivering enterprise-scale CRM or ERP solutions
- Experience delivering projects with privacy, security, compliance, & regulatory constraints
- Comfortable expressing complex ideas in easy-to-understand ways
- Salesforce certifications preferred. eg. Admin Certification (ADM 201), Advanced Admin (ADM 301) or Developer (DEV 401)
- Experience working with business stakeholders as well as software engineers
- High emotional intelligence, empathy, self-awareness, & optimism
- Strong communicator, collaborator, & relationship builder
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) & a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.