RAPP Chicago is looking for a VP of Technology to join our award-winning team!
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isnt us. Its mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas & ambitions. Its one size fits all, & its dull.
When it comes to individuals, were fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individuals needs, beliefs, behaviors, & aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients & their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity & individual difference are valued & leveraged to achieve the agencys vision. And most importantly, we value every individuals wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual & how we can create value from every individuals experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action & customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what is needed. And our award-winning technologists & creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, & data & marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
As VP, Technology, you will manage & supervise Developers/DevOps Engineers who will directly report into you for work assignments & career management. You will assist with intake of new functional capability requirements by interfacing with the clients & business stakeholders. You will be expected to provide high level functional & technical solutions that allow implementation of interactive, data-driven marketing solutions & present these solutions to the clients & business stakeholders. You will ensure that teams align their deliveries to the timelines, scope, & milestones in the provided roadmaps.
- Interface with the business stakeholders in deriving & understanding the business requirements
- Coordinate Technical Design & Architecture activities for Web/Mobile based User Interfaces, Microservices & Data Pipelines
- Lead Configuration/Customization initiatives for Marketing tools like PEGA Marketing, Salesforce etc.
- Lead Development of Reporting, Dashboarding, Machine Learning & AI Solutions
- Analyze non-functional requirements that the system should support & make sure that these are implemented as part of the technical solution.
- Lead the Development team as part of the Build, QA, & Implementation activities
- Assist Product Sponsors in breaking down work into executable technical scope, & help plan these for a successful production implementation
- Help Implement Automated performance & Security testing in the Cloud
- Work with DevOps team in implementation of CI/CD Pipelines for Automated Deployment of Infrastructure & Code
- Manage Work Assignments for people reporting to you & provide Career Management support
- Propose Functional & Technical Solutions to the clients & seek Alignment for Delivery
- Manage Strategic Technical Roadmaps that Development teams will use for Solutions Delivery
- Provide Technical Oversight to multiple Technical Architects ensuring Delivery Coordination across teams
- 10+ years of Software Development experience
- Bachelors degree in CS or related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Implementation of Marketing tools like PEGA Marketing, Salesforce Marketing Cloud etc.
- Experience with Configuration & Deployment of Email/SMS Marketing Campaigns & implementing Data driven decisioning workflows.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, specifically EC2, S3, ECS/EKS, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda, VPC, Subnets, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES etc.
- Experience with at least one programming language from Java, C#, Python etc.
- Experience with Relational & NoSQL databases & proficiency in using SQL commands.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines & associated tools like Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy etc.
- Experience with development of REST APIs, microservices etc.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Familiarity with User Authentication/Authorization solutions such as Okta, Cognito etc.
- Experience with GIT version control & associated branching models.
- Detail oriented, organized, & with ability to meet deadlines while working several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience leading a technical team with supervision of direct reports
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, & a good communicator with ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.