San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Pivotals Story - VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 3000 employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
You have a passion for learning & development, thinking differently, project management, collaborating with teams globally, & helping to influence & impact employee assimilation, productivity, & development. Youre able to juggle many competing priorities, enjoy a fast-paced environment, can be creative but also get into the weeds & execute daily. Youre agile & retrospective, & not afraid to identify what were doing wrong so we can fix it, & what we're doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of the team & the growth & happiness of our employees.
Our people are our strategic advantage here at Pivotal. Our People Team (Human Resources) around the world partner with the business to drive employee engagement, team effectiveness, development, & retention. Working in Learning & Development at Pivotal means being part of a team that helps drive our business forward each & every day in truly special & impactful ways. You have the opportunity to work directly with the business so youll gain knowledge of all products & services Pivotal offers.
Learning has always been core to our culture & important to thriving within our agile practices. Our employees & managers (Pivots) are passionate about learning & being part of a learning environment. Our Learning & Development teams mission is to help each Pivot reach their potential...while ensuring Pivotal also reaches its potential. This role will help design & implement holistic Learning & Development programs with a core focus on driving Team Effectiveness. Responsibilities will include building learning paths to drive effective collaboration & feedback loops within teams, facilitation services, & supporting the professional development benefit. It will include conducting needs assessments across functions & designing learning experiences. We practice Agile approaches within the People team, & will look to you to design programs via continuous iteration & feedback between you & end users (Pivots!) As such, this role will work closely with the business as a valued Talent Development partner. Additionally, we also believe integrating inclusive practices into our learning paths is integral to the success of Pivotal, so this role will also work closely with our Diversity & Inclusion team.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 4-6 years of Learning & Development experience within an environment that is willing to innovate & think differently about Corporate Learning
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent project management skills (planning, listening, following up, problem solving, influencing others)
- Willing to give & receive feedback in a kind & empathetic manner
- Strong ability to efficiently manage your time to many competing, yet equally compelling priorities
- Willing to take initiative, be a self-starter & thrive in taking a hands-on approach to challenging & sometimes ambiguous work.
- Flexibility - comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment demonstrated through working on multiple projects at the same time within tight timelines
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Creative & able to develop from a blank canvas
- Willingness & ability to understand Pivotal's mission & tie it to training materials
- Ability to lead, motivate & direct a workgroup
- Global program design, development & rollout
- Experience partnering with the business & working with an agile environment
- Experience with adult learning theory or effective teaming focus - a plus.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.