BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Pero Like is looking for a Video Producer to join our team. The Video Producer will support Pero Like across multiple platforms by creating short form content from a Latinx perspective. Pero Like reaches 4 million global fans, with a mission to elevate, inform & entertain the Latinx community. In this role you will collaborate with the Supervising Producer & fellow producers to create videos for YouTube, Facebook & Instagram. You will excel in an autonomous remote work environment & can juggle multiple priority projects at once. We're looking for someone who is willing to take on new challenges with a curious attitude & who can also shine on camera! You MUST be excited by the challenges of new content initiatives & can handle a fluctuating workload. Creativity & a collaborative spirit are essential for this role!
The role is based out of the LA or NYC office, but candidates should be willing to work remotely during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Based on our needs, ideate, shoot & edit your own content, or adapt/improve content & formats we already have in place.
- Implement feedback from Pero Like & our data team to make your videos more engaging & shareable.
- Provide creative notes on your videos & other team members videos.
- Stay in the know about whats trending online in the Latinx community & successfully iterate off that content.
- Collaborate with the team to grow Pero Likes reach & audience.
- Work with a production manager on budget & logistics for your video.
- 2+ years of experience creating digital video content & excel under the pressure of a deadline
- Ability to engage with an audience on camera, on a panel or fan meet & greet
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro & the entire CC suite
- Are comfortable with most video codecs & formats
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout the various stages of production
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram or Facebook
- Passionate about the internet & creating digital video content for the Latinx community
- Great communication skills & can give & receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Meticulous, technical, organized, & creative at the same time
- Experience in front & behind a camera & knowledge of lighting & sound equipment
- Intersectional & mindful with your storytelling. We want producers who celebrate inclusivity.
- Remote recording experience preferred
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. What makes your voice standout & how will it serve our community & audience on Pero Like.
- Wed also like you to share 2 Pero Like videos that performed well on any platform this year & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of videos youve produced.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.