Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Analyst to join our Virtual Care in New York City.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
The Virtual Ops Senior Analyst will be responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities, designing & implementing workflows to improve provider & member experience, & creating scalable processes forOscar providers to follow.
You will report into the Senior Manager, Care Delivery.
- Design workflows to support the virtual operations team; surface process issues through identification & suggest scalable solutions.
- Work with Clinical, Product, Marketing, & Ops counterparts on workflow design & implementation
- Improve existing workflows & identify automation opportunities; partner with Data Ops Manager to build automation opportunities (e.g., automated communications, automated internal tickets)
- Identify error trends, rectify, & determine how to prevent errors moving forward systematically
- Monitor metrics, feedback, or trending issues, summarize takeaways, & suggest improvements
- Independently analyze data sets using SQL & Google Sheets/Excel (can write advanced macros) & draw conclusions about causes of issues or solutions.
- Provide regular updates to partners around trending issues, solutions, & improvement measurement.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent experience
- 2+ years relevant work experience
- Healthcare experience
- Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) & SQL experience
- Management consulting experience
- Six Sigma / process improvement experience
- Project Management experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.