Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, & enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
The Product Support Specialist (PSS) is responsible for supporting clients technical needs & ensuring their successful deployment, use, & growth of the Stack Overflow Talent & Stack Overflow for Teams products. Product Support Specialists are responsible for post-sales technical support for clients & assisting them in proactive & reactive ways. PSSs should help customers evaluate solution implementation, understand how to utilize it, integrate it into their existing systems, & successfully deploy & troubleshoot any issues with it.
What You'll Do:
As the front line of support, you will identify the pain points, trends, & issues that our users & customers face. Most importantly, you will resolve those issues by directly fixing problems and by working together with the Sales, Success, & Product teams.
A lot of this will involve a certain degree of sleuthing, as people dont always use products as intended, & products dont always do what theyre supposed to do. In those cases, it will be your job to figure out what might be going on, & either fix it yourself or find out who can fix it & ensure that they do so. Tracking down bugs or other unexpected behaviors in these cases will require the Product Support Specialist to be prepared to solve problems creatively while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Investigate & resolve customer issues via our ticketing system or in real time through Intercom.
- Troubleshoot & resolve account issues.
- Post-sales engineering assistance to help prospects understand the technical capabilities of the software & how it can fit into their organizations existing systems.
- Assist clients with configuration & connection to other systems such as SSO, Slack, & Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Ensure support SLAs are met.
- Work with the product engineering team to communicate bugs or other issues to be fixed & incorporated into future releases.
- Create or update customer-facing product documentation.
- Customer-facing or user-facing experience in either an IT helpdesk environment or supporting a SaaS product.
- The ability to speak to non-technical customers when troubleshooting technical issues.
- Experience or training in basic Information Technology subjects such as SMTP, SSO, Active Directory, DNS, & IP routing.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English.
- Solutions oriented problem-solving & critical thinking abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - you care about people & are passionate about helping others.
- Self-starter & excited to work in an ever changing environment.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic & good judgement.
- Technical writing skills.
- Know how to read an API spec & be able to answer questions.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding, interest in, or use of stackoverflow.com.
- Familiarity with Information Technology policies at medium to large companies. You don't need to know compliance regimes, but you should know how to help our clients navigate them.
- Experience or training in Microsoft server technologies. Azure, SQL Server, Windows Server, etc.
- Networking & firewall configuration & troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with SQL. You can read & write queries, & know how to read a schema.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While were generally very flexible on working hours, working within 5pm - 2am EST, Monday - Friday is required for scheduling & interacting with your team. There is a 6 week exception during the first 6 weeks of your employment where you will be required to work 9am - 6pm EST for training. Additionally, you may be asked to adjust your schedule to minimize coverage outages.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.