Sanitation Technician (Green Chef) FT
Pay Range: $12.50-13/hr
USA - Aurora
Green Chef is the leading & first certified organic meal kit company in the US. We are passionate about making it easier to eat healthfully at home. Founded in September of 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees & tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well.
In 2018, HelloFresh saw something special in Green Chef & brought it into the Hello Fresh family. Green Chef is now part of one of the fastest growing startups in the US, & part of the worlds largest meal kit family as we tirelessly work to disrupt the food industry.
We remain focused on delivering healthy, organic meals, designed for busy people. At Green Chef, we believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to plating. We strive to create greater interaction & meaningful connections with the food that nourishes us, the people who provide it, & the ones we share it with. Green Chef offers a variety of specialty lifestyle plans including Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Omnivore, & Carnivore.
The Sanitation Team Member is responsible for all the activities involved in maintaining cleanliness & a food safe environment in production areas, surrounding areas & equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning & sanitation of all food production equipment & machinery. I.E. Production machines, tables, mats, compost bins, sinks, drains, walls, & any surface that is scheduled for sanitation duties.
- Responsible for cleaning & sanitizing all kitting & packing equipment & surfaces.
- May be required to operate the dish-machine as needed.
- Restocks all PPE as needed, such as hairnets, beard nets, gloves, face masks, & sleeve guards.
- Responsible for the assistance in inventory of all linens/uniforms.
- Responsible for all chemicals, their use, & safe handling.
- Documents all job duties performed with work logs & follows the master schedule as directed.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervisor/managers
- Must follow all SSOPs & Safety Regulations
- Regular & timely attendance
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues & concerns
- Any & all other functions as determined by management
Work Environment: This is a cold, wet, environment with exposure to chemicals that requires standing, lifting, reaching, & twisting for 8 hours or until the job is completed.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne food particles & allergens, moving mechanical parts & vibration.
- The employee will be responsible for using chemicals at safe-handling concentrations along with appropriate PPE.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for 10 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is required to use hands to handle, or feel objects and/or tools.
- The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee must regularly lift & move up to 25 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Previous experience working in sanitation/janitorial preferred
Voluntary Life & AD&D
Short Term Disability
Daily meal & snacks
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive!
It is the policy of Green Chef & HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Are you up for a challenge?