Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students interested in exploring a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 3rd – August 9th & allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry & explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals & gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, & attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking & career development opportunities.
Who you are:
• Highly proficient in Excel
• Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, preferably Finance
• Must have a keen attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to multi-task & prioritize
• Strong administrative, follow up, & organizational skills a must
What you will learn:
• Assist in completion of quarterly packages across all publishers including analysis of top titles, top accounts, backlist sales, & inventory
• Generate P&L statements using gross profit & advance allocation systems for title & author analysis
• Assist in preparing major title acquisition reports, author profit sharing statements, & new release schedules for month-end close
• Responsible for maintaining databases including monthly acquisition analysis, bi-weekly sales files, & profit sharing summaries
• Generate ad-hoc reports
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume & cover letter. Please note that you are responsible for your own housing during the duration of the internship.