Betterment is hiring full-time graduates across multiple engineering disciplines, including full-stack, backend, data & mobile. All roles are located in New York, NY.
A Day in the Life:
Have the opportunity to have an immediate impact, crafting software that improves peoples lives. Youll be immersed in an environment that prioritizes the growth & development of its employees. Youll be mentored by passionate & experienced engineers who are invested in developing your career while working on cross-functional teams including product, design, & other relevant functions.
- Build things people love. Our goal is to delight our customers whenever possible. Sleek design, simple user experience, & access to smart decisions help us to achieve it
- Solve impossible problems. Take your ideas to the next level right away. We experiment, iterate, learn, & repeat.
- Collaborate, with purpose. Youll work in small groups with other talented thinkers & figure out how to make Betterments revolutionary software even better.
- Create efficiency. Our software helps customers save time & money. We maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, & lean engineering.
- Work with people who care. Half of our team is made up of engineers but we believe everyone at Betterment is an engineer with their own tools. Were a group of talented professionals who pride ourselves on what we do.
What We're Looking For:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related field (graduating Spring/Summer 2021)
- Have experience building applications using an object oriented language, such as Java, C#, Ruby, or Python
- Have a passion for the craft of software engineering
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.