mParticle is expanding & looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our core platform team! The mParticle data pipeline is a critical extension of infrastructure for some of the biggest brands & their engineering teams, processing & delivering 10+ billion daily requests at low latency. As a distributed systems engineer, you will work together with a team of other backend engineers, product managers, & designers to adapt the mParticle data pipeline to serve the next 10,000 engineering teams.
Distributed system engineers at mParticle create new high-performance pipelines & make cross-cutting to existing systems & APIs to improve platform performance, & stability. You'll have the opportunity to rethink mParticle's streaming infrastructure & build APIs that other engineers will love & rely on. You'll also be able to drive mParticle's engineering culture through continual research, self-improvement & internal presentation.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values & are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy & sincerity to all roles & teammates. Our ideal candidate has a strong balance of technical & people skill & is a proven mentor & technical leader.
If the above sounds interesting, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you!
- Develop secure, well-tested & performant features & improvements to the mParticle platform
- Work in a collaborative fashion with engineers of all levels & product management to maintain a high bar for quality & product useability
- Advocate for product quality, security, & performance initiatives
- Craft code that adheres to the team's quality & style guidelines, & encourage those guidelines through in-depth code reviews
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- 5+ years of experience contributing to a backend system or API
- Experience using RESTful and/or RPC APIs
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
At this time, mParticle will not be sponsoring visas for this role
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web & apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, Foursquare, Hulu, King, & Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in ecommerce transactions & processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crains 100 Best Places to Work in New York City & named to Gartners Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development list, mParticle has 145 employees & is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Florida, Seattle & London.
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect & celebrates an array of backgrounds & perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.