As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Open VisaNet (OVN), is the Next Generation VisaNet. OVN will use best-in-class technology components to push the envelope as a highly scalable, secure, cost-effective & distributed application on commodity hardware. Open VisaNet (OVN) is one of Visa's Key initiatives which will help Visa support in-country & global processing solutions while providing Visa an opportunity to move away from proprietary hardware systems. Realizing the vision of OVN requires the collaboration of an exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, infrastructure architects & business analysts. To support our development roadmap, we are creating a function to ramp up the creation & delivery of business requirements which articulate the current VisaNet business logic, both functional & non-functional. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Technical Requirements & Business Analysis, this role in Foster City will be accountable for generation & publication of business requirements for more than 330 discrete services & functions.
- Define & document detailed functional & non-functional (performance & operational) requirements for OVN.
- Work with Architecture & development teams to refine & maintain templates for the requirements artifacts that will be produced by the team.
- Work with vendors to support the Knowledge Extraction process (reverse engineering of existing business logic), define artifact templates & use those artifacts efficiently in the documentation of requirements
- Work with Architects & development teams to ensure detailed requirements are accurate, complete & can be understood by a diverse group of users.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team on creation of testing artifacts.
- Manage the lifecycle of requirement artifacts to elaborate requirements of OVN as needed.
- Coach development teams on the specific processing requirements of Visa switching, clearing & settlement in relationship to OVN requirements.
- Participate as needed in presentations to & discussions with key clients & stakeholders to share details about OVN & its value to the payment processing environment.
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations & prioritize deliverables.
- In addition to the responsibilities for requirements elaboration, the candidate will perform the role of a Product Owner on an assigned sprint team as needed.
- Acquire a good understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) concepts & play an active role in SAFe activities as required for the Product Owner role.
- Participate in Team Demos & Retrospectives
- Extensive experience with producing high quality requirements, documentation & user stories.
- Team player with broad experience collaborating with Subject Matter Experts, system architects & senior software engineers.
- Ability to work with multicultural teams across the globe.
- Ability to work across time zones as required.
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio, & SharePoint & Wiki.
- Experience with advanced authoring software tooling such as Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, etc., or the aptitude to quickly adapt to using such tools as required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management.
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal & problem-solving skills
- Capable of forming & advocating for an independent viewpoint.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing, negotiating & communicating.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking & staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what's possible technically, operationally & professionally.
- 10+ year track record of relevant work experience & an undergraduate degree in Information Systems, English, Journalism, Communications, or a related technology focused field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about Visa systems or applications.
- Significant knowledge of the payment business & products & services provided by VisaNet.
- Professional experience in ideation & incubation, which has led to shipping & supporting products in Production is a plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 2-5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.