About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
We are seeking a Director, Growth Marketing (Performance Media) to lead our SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate, Re-marketing, & Programmatic marketing channels. In this role, you will oversee the performance marketing team, driving strategy & execution across our media channels. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of performance marketing & acquisition KPIs, has a highly analytical & technical skillset, & thrives in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving organization.
In this role, you will leverage your knowledge & experience across performance marketing channels to drive scale, optimize performance & enable Rent The Runway to achieve overall growth goals.
What Youll Do:
- Grow & improve performance across media channels, with focus on scaling new customer acquisition while achieving efficiency targets & customer quality based on LTV
- Employ a data-driven strategy in order to build & execute digital testing roadmap across messaging, creative, audience, frequency & channel mix
- Work closely with data & analytics to understand Rent The Runways customers journey from awareness to conversion & leverage insights to unlock new growth & conversion opportunities
- Test into new channels for RTR (podcast, You Tube, TikTok etc)
- Partner with Finance & Revenue teams to forecast business growth, & set the strategic approach for driving the highest ROI marketing investments. Manage & refine complex acquisition modeling & multi-touch attribution modeling
- Lead budgeting & monthly forecasts ensuring that the Performance marketing team is aware of each months forecast, strategies, & guardrails to ensure they are able to successfully execute against the brand priorities & remain within forecast
- Own regular communication of performance marketing performance against goals, bringing clear analysis & insights from the data
- Communicate performance to senior leadership on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement
- Oversee team management (internal, agencies, contractors). Responsible for setting budgets, defining objectives, monitoring workflow, identifying & filling resource gaps & implementing & refining processes as needed
- Collaborate with engineering & product to drive initiatives for impacting organic visibility of focused category keywords, site architecture, & taxonomy & content. Partner with 3rd parties where necessary.
- BA/BS required
- 7+ years digital marketing experience across paid search, paid social, affiliate, TV/video, & offline marketing channels (podcasts, direct mail, etc)
- Experience in consumer products or retail, startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record successfully managing a multi-million dollar acquisition budget & taking a company through an intensive growth period for an e-comm business (ideally a subscription business)
- Growth hacking mindset: must be highly quantitative, analytical, & a technical self-starter, including the ability to process & understand large data sets & clearly articulate program status to management
- Extensive knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc is a plus
- Experience with multi-touch attribution & media mix models.
- Deep understanding of A/B & incrementality tests
- Excel in strategic prioritization & decision making; effectively balance long term business goals with short term needs
- Expert in Facebook bidding, targeting & optimization, with hands-on experience running campaigns.
- Possess consumer empathy & dedication to great consumer experiences
- Passionate about marketing & marketing tech. Up to date on industry trends & technology.
- Possess an entrepreneurial & founder mindset, ready to take on tasks outside of role with strong agility to change & to be flexible/resilient
- Ability to thrive & be resourceful in a fast-paced environment
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.