At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We are hiring an outstanding Commercial Counsel to join our commercial legal team supporting Lyfts enterprise sales teams. You will work closely with Lyfts enterprise sales teams as well as other key business units such as risk & IT security, leading negotiations for sales & partnership contracts with a broad customer base ranging from Fortune 500 companies to nonprofits & governmental agencies.
The successful candidate will be organized, an entrepreneurial & resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, multifaceted, dynamic environment, excellent at building strong relationships, & passionate about closing the deal.
- Review, draft, & negotiate a variety of commercial agreements between Lyft & all types of partners, including Fortune 100 companies, universities, social services, nonprofits, & governmental agencies.
- Work closely with sales & other business teams to summarize & communicate legal concepts clearly & effectively & help them synthesize legal frameworks in developing their business strategies
- Advise our business teams on relevant legal contexts, issues & risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, & company policies & procedures
- Be a point of contact for legal issues for the commercial legal team, while collaborating closely with other legal & compliance teams to provide holistic advice, serving as a strategic thought partner for the sales & partnership teams..
- Improve our standard form agreements, playbooks, & legal processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Qualified attorney & Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel
- 3+ years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience working in the technology/software sector, including PaaS or SaaS contracts, is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of reviewing, negotiating & drafting a wide range of complex commercial agreements
- Bonus points for prior experience with federal government & public agency contracting
- Proven ability to provide quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice while properly balancing risks & business reward
- Dedication to superior customer service
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, & simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands, & shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving workplace
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interested in learning new things, & desire to get things done
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.