Haveyou ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving complex physical hardware & network problems using automation & software defined solutions.
We are looking for a senior engineer to help the Infrastructure Team solve distributed hardware problems using intelligent software. A perfect candidate is a strong Go software engineer who has an interest & history in dealing with physical hardware. Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Engineering, this engineer will architect the systems, software, & servers that serve our customers. Youll build automation & systems management tools that make it easier to scale our rapidly growing business & deliver cloud infrastructure all around the world. Youll also work on improving DigitalOceans overall platform performance & reliability.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design & maintain fleetwide inventory & management system utilizing Go & Elm
- Architect system to allow user driven maintenance tasks against our physical hardware
- Integrate services across teams to facilitate a unified view of hardware
- Maintaining a big data pipeline for consumption & visualization
- Help maintain an AWX Tower installation & associated workflows & playbooks
- Developing new solutions for consuming proprietary data in order to improve insight into failure rates & component performance
- Writing new tools / microservices to better manage bootstrapping & lifecycle of the 10K+ server global infrastructure
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience in Go
- Experience as an OSS contributor or maintainer a plus
- Elm or frontend experience a plus
- Worked with / Passion for Enterprise Architecture
- Experience with configuration management, such as ansible
- Previous work against automating hardware a plus
- Experience monitoring & debugging large, global, distributed systems
- Experience in writing tools to manage physical servers at scale
- Passion for continual incremental improvements on tooling / processes
- Love of all things automation, & passion for open source
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses-paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!