Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming the journey of learning by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour, & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Brand Insights intern with a deep curiosity & enthusiasm for understanding people & synthesizing information to arrive at actionable insights & recommendations across the MasterClass business
- Comfortable talking with interview participants
- Strong writing skills & ability to synthesize information into concise takeaways
- Curiosity & enthusiasm about many different subjects
- Ability to identify business needs & work to develop research projects to find solutions
- Interest in market research, marketing, & content production
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop a cadence of assisting with ongoing insights projects (class beta testing, surveys, etc.)
- Regular cadence of desk research to identify & share upcoming cultural trends
- Collaborate / own qualitative consumer research project, share out findings with cross functional stakeholders
- Experience in analyzing qualitative information & strong writing skills
- Curiosity & enthusiasm for research & understanding the deeper motivations & needs of consumers
- Strong communication & storytelling skills.
- Located in California, New York, or Arizona.
- Reliable Internet access & ability to work remotely.
Work Hours & Benefits
This is a full-time position lasting for a duration of 12 weeks (40 hours/week), with a start date in May or June 2021.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know ho