In this role, you will be responsible for all product management & development activities for each assigned geography. Responsibilities will include the development of a market-specific product portfolio as well as new enhancements & capabilities to meet the needs of Individual health insurance consumers. You will serve as the Subject Matter Expert throughout the product management & implementation processes. This is an opportunity to be part of Oscars growth & commitment to improving our Individual members experience.
You will analyze & synthesize external data (e.g., competitor, enrollment, & consumer trends) & internal metrics (e.g., financial targets, membership targets, customer pain points, etc.) by region. You will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, & Finance teams to develop plan design strategies. You will also work very closely with Regulatory & Legal to ensure that products comply with federal & state requirements.
- Integrates strategic priorities into a product portfolio & makes recommendations to meet growth objectives.
- Lead & manage product lifecycle activities, from development to market rollout.
- Support product marketing collateral development & tools highlighting product features & benefits.
- Serve as subject matter expert owner for plan design, benefits, & cost share information. Document & maintain source of truth of plan design details.
- Initiates revisions to plan design as needed to implement best practices.
- Develop & deliver presentations to all functional leaders & Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with Technical Product, Marketing, & Sales teams to support activities to meet member retention & new enrollment goals.
- Minimum 5-7 years managing commercial insurance products.
- Strong sense of urgency & a bias for action; you thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Strong ability to influence others without direct authority.
- You thrive in ambiguous work environments & love rolling up your sleeves & being scrappy.
- Strong interpersonal interactions (e.g. partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.) & open to giving/receiving constructive feedback.
- Providing exceptional service is a personal passion & shows in every aspect of your work.
Knowledge of industry/insurance practices.
Knowledge of benefits, benefits administration & health care delivery from the provider and/or payor perspective.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.