We are seeking a hands-on Assistant Controller reporting to the VP, Controller to join our team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, organized & has a proven ability to adapt, lead & work well on a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, & diverse team. Reporting to the VP, Controller, you will have significant responsibility for coordinating, collaborating, & managing our month-end close process, improving the timing & accuracy of our financial reporting, overseeing, & implementing processes to improve operational efficiencies & working closely as a finance business partner with the rest of the organization.
What youll do
- Support the accounting & financial reporting processes, including month-end close, accounts payable, accruals, account reconciliations, internal reporting & analysis & overall maintenance of the companys accounting records.
- Assist in the design, implementation, & maintenance of robust internal controls for SOX compliance.
- Identify & implement workflow improvements & automate processes to minimize risk, eliminate manual workflows, reduce inefficiencies, & increase bandwidth.
- Perform or review certain operational functions, such as weekly dealer payments,
reconciliations of eCommerce revenue to cash receipts, & reconciliations between credit card processor & accounting records to ensure complete & accurate recording of transactions.
- Effectively & timely research, track & resolve accounting or documentation discrepancies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the organization, as needed to understand new business initiatives to identify accounting & systems implications & to identify solutions to support the growth of the business & drive financial discipline across the company.
- Work directly with FP&A & SEC Reporting teams, as well as with other departments to promote a more efficient & focused financial reporting package.
- Assist with compliance, including audits & other filings
- Assist with ad-hoc requests & projects from VP, Controller.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance & active CPA required
- You have a minimum 7 years of accounting experience (mix of public accounting & industry experience preferred)
- You have experience using NetSuite or similar ERP systems
- You have strong knowledge of US GAAP
- You have advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- You have experience in managing & mentoring a team
- You have extensive knowledge of sales tax
- You have experience with international operations & foreign currencies
- You are self-motivated, personable, & a team player
Nice to Haves
- Experience with marketplaces preferred
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers & makers of vintage, antique, & contemporary furniture, home dcor, art, fine jewelry, watches, & fashion.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.