Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The global network & security engineering group is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, & reliability of Visa's credit & debit commercial networks (i.e. VisaNet), the enterprise corporate network, the global wide area network, the extranet/Internet networks, & the voice network. Network Engineering also shares responsibility with information security for network access & security compliance of all networks.
This is a Senior Staff Network Engineer position with the Datacenter Network Engineering team. The engineer will develop & design IP networks for Visa's global datacenter network infrastructure.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems & taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist & works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or
- 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- At least 5 years of experience in a Network Engineering role
- Cisco certification or a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Engineering is preferred
- Experience & expertise with IP routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF & BGP
- Knowledge of Cisco encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), & hot standby protocols HSRP & VRRP required
- Extensive knowledge of the IP networking environment & financial ecommerce desired
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
- At least 3 years experience with data center network fabric technologies such as STP, MLAG, VPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, MP-BGP, EVPN
- Strong process orientation & exhibited planning, organizational & problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Experience leading moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning, documentation, & implementation
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems & network environments
- Solid understanding of network & system security principles & techniques
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines & commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interrupts
- ITIL certification preferred
- Design, implement, & provide ongoing support of Visa's data center LAN infrastructure using various platforms such as Cisco, Arista, & Cumulus Linux
- Gather network requirements for key business initiatives, produce high-level & low-level design documentation for proposed solutions, provide cost estimates & timelines for implementation
- Interface with Visa clients & vendors as well as internal technical support staff
- Work closely with project & account managers to support the business requirements & projects
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers, & network support organizations
- Perform third level support to enterprise & commercialnetworks & to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues & to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Conduct product evaluation & testing & support application development team
- Support change management processes for the datacenter networks environment
- Support maintenance window activities on the datacenter networks when required
- Design appropriate solutions based on environment, create detailed network designs, assess & test new & evolving technologies for performance & cost benefit
- Build & maintain relationship with global & virtual teams & third parties on network development or support issues
- Participate fully in the development, testing & QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered & fulfill expectations
- May provision new clientinstitutions onto the network by completing the necessary network updates & providing technical assistance to the membership in support of network changes
- Provide technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time frame
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements & provide technical assistance for investigation & analysis of security alerts
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization & technology solutions
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.