We are looking for a passionate fullstack engineer who is enthusiastic about & has experience building scalable, secure full-stack systems. At Peloton, you will have the opportunity to rapidly change the face of the fitness industry. You will be working in a high velocity software engineering environment, in a team, building systems which service fitness content to all Peloton consumers over connected & digital devices. You will be responsible for leading large scale projects, collaborating within the team, & with cross functional teams on estimating project scopes, setting milestones, as well as identifying project risks & dependencies.
Design & Development
- Assume technical responsibility for new services & our studio & product content management tools & functionality, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, & work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify & lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, & performant applications.
- Contribute to the design of software architecture & development of new features & functionalities in the stack.
- Lead, coach, pair with, & mentor junior frontend software engineers.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, & engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns & industry best practices.
- Engage in code reviews helping maintain our coding standards.
Drive Large-scale Projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management in order to deliver against quarterly & annual roadmap objectives.
- Handle planning & breaking down large projects into milestones & identifying risks & dependencies.
- Experience in building scalable frameworks that supports a rapid growing user base
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience in building frontend (React, Angular or similar technologies)
- Experience building Python or Java based backend framework at scale
- Experience with designing RESTful API
- Experience with working on service oriented architecture & RPC design
- Experience with data modeling & at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with developing secure API endpoints
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, SSL in API context
- Ability to own & deliver end to end API functionality from design/architect, to implementation, to testing, to production release & monitoring
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations & work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate & communicate different engineering solutions & trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or in similar discipline years of work experience
- Have solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have experience in building secure consumer facing APIs
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages & frameworks
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience leading backend development & engineering
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) & based in our New York City HQ once it is safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.