Dom & Tom is a full-service design & development studio specializing in strategies for web, social media, e-commerce, interactive, & mobile platforms. Founded in 2009 by twin brothers, Dom & Tom launched as a small shop & have continued to expand year after year. Currently we have offices in New York, Chicago & Los Angeles. As a growing company we continually look for talented, versatile self-starters who build relationships, lead teams, & consult clients on digital strategy initiatives. Our slogan is DO GOOD, BE GOOD, & we strive for that in the services we provide, the products we deliver & in our Company culture which values ethical behavior & respect of our fellow employees.
As a Sr. UX Designer of the D&T UX/Design team, you would be a valued resource in researching planning & designing better brand experiences for real people. You may be responsible for gathering business requirements, creating diagrams, wireframes, low-to-high fidelity prototypes for a variety of websites, tablet & mobile applications. The Sr. User Experience designer primarily collaborates closely with clients, visual designers, & developers.
- Work with client/Chief Design Officer to gather requirements & assets, & create rounds of diagrams, wireframes, & functional specifications (in the form of documents).
- Identify user requirements by researching & analyzing users needs, preferences objectives, & working methods; study how users consume content, including data categorization & labeling
- Generate functional specifications document for all templates & user interactions for website or application
- Organize information by translating user behavior into media structure & elements; craft interactive experiences; produce workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, & storyboards; prepare interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, & site maps; coordinate with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, & brand strategists
- Plan information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, & target audience; envision architectural scheme, information structure & features, functionality, & user-interface design; create user scenarios; prepare data models; design information structure, work-and dataflow, & navigation; evaluate information representation; conduct creative meetings
- Direct, review & collaborate with other designers on overall direction of designs
- Work with interaction design team (and later, developers) to ensure that IA/UX has been translated properly
- Project Execution Management
- Stand in front of a room of stakeholders, articulate & defend solutions with users-centered design principles
- Actively participate in, & represent user & design team concerns in all project methodology meetings
- Participate in Quality Assurance process by testing site/application implementation to verify interaction, IA, copy, & visual integrity
- Proficient with InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator CS5-6/CC, & Sketch (Note that we work in InDesign for planning documentation, but are open to OmniGraffle & similar software)
- Proficiency with prototyping software such as InVision, Balsamiq, Proto.io, etc.
- Familiar with website functionality & mobile/tablet applications
- Familiar with CMS architecture
- Familiar with project management & time-tracking software such as Basecamp, Harvest & Fogbugz
Skills & Characteristics
- Ability to craft graphic elements, assets & visual treatments that adapt & flow with responsive design systems
- Ability to Layout User Experience Artifacts, including User Sequence Maps, User Personas, Sitemaps, App Maps, & more.
- Ability to define User Personas
- Ability to conduct User Interviews
- Ability to gather business & user requirements, performance requirements analysis, & define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ability to collaborate with the Discovery & Implementation teams on Planning Discovery Sessions & Problem Solving client solutions
- Ability to define the product roadmap for client products
- Ability to generate low & high fidelity Prototypes
- Ability to articulate & defend design decisions to client
- Ability to multitask in a variety of user experience exercises & tools, to reveal a Product Backlog based on Shared understanding with the client & the team
- Possess analytical skills to look at your work from the point of view of the your clients & their target audience to determine how both groups will perceive the brand message
- Ability to work effectively across disciplines
- Delegate work when needed & review
- Excellent time management skills