What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Structuring Associate join our growing team!
Were looking for a Structuring Associate to help us launch into our next phase of growth. Youll join our Institutional team & support our structured product development & execution efforts, working closely with sales, trading, legal & other internal core support functions as well as with external institutional partners. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting the firms initiatives in the crypto native space through end to end deal structuring & execution as well as designing & developing bespoke structured products for clients in the crypto space.
If youre excited to join a highly innovative & motivated team working to bridge the gap between new tech & institutional finance, wed love to hear from you.
- End to end crypto products deal structuring & execution
- Work with sales & trading to design optimal client solutions in the crypto space Liaise with clients to explain our products & execute trades
- Understand the challenges of our institutional clients & assess the activities of our competitors to proactively design client solutions
- 3+ years of experience in traditional structured lending or structured fund products including familiarity with term sheets, loan documentation, preparing pitches & presentations
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Proven ability to work on the complete structuring & execution process from prospecting to closing with an ownership mentality
- Knowledge about crypto currencies & a base understanding of the crypto ecosystem is desirable
- Enthusiasm about BlockFis products & business model
- Ability to represent the companys culture & values to our institutional counterparties
- Inclusive team player attitude
- A roll up your sleeves attitude where no task is too small
- Start-up mindset
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand