The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company that owns the end-to-end drug development process. Our proprietary technology allows us to integrate & improve clinical research for patients, providers, & sponsors, while executing clinical trials faster & cheaper.
A typical trial involves coordinating between numerous parties & data formats to gather, store, analyze, & audit clinical data. Mistakes & delays are common, & fewer than 10% of trials finish on time. At TrialSpark, we are looking for talented engineers to help us reimagine the clinical trial process from first principles & build the end-to-end clinical trial platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing, securing, deploying, maintaining, & improving software applications for use both by internal TrialSpark employees & for external users. You will work with product managers, designers, & other functions of the business to help set priorities, scope technical work, coordinate changes, clarify & refine requirements, & set appropriate expectations. You are autonomous & self-driven, but can work effectively in a highly collaborative & team setting. In addition, you will use your experience & expertise to raise the bar on code quality, identify & prioritize off-roadmap opportunities, take a lead role in setting technical direction, & serve as a responsible steward of TrialSparks engineering culture.
- You break down complicated problems & balance a bias towards action with building for the longer term.
- You have collaborated with various stakeholders to build the best products.
- You are humble, collaborative, service-oriented, & a fast learner.
- Have 3+ years of professional experience developing software for production environments.
- If youve worked with React, Python, GraphQL, Flask, & SQLAlchemy.
- Experience with debuggers, e.g. browser debuggers, pdb, PyCharm, etc.
- Track record of working with product management & shipping features to end users in a team environment.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry, healthcare-related technologies, & regulatory needs (e.g., HIPAA).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.