At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a Warehouse Associate who will be responsible for accurately & safely gathering, packaging, & preparing products according to the weekly sales order. Establish practice & procedures for product shipping, picking, & storing. Reporting to the Receiving Supervisor you will be responsible to identify & confirm any products received that do not comply with both quality & quantity of the product. As part of the Production team, you will play a key role working in collaboration with all personnel & managers to ensure the warehouse is running smoothly.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a clean & organized work environment including food storage & non-food storage areas
- Work closely with the Food Safety & Regulatory Compliance team to ensure all products meet food safety standards
- Work closely with the Production team to ensure all issues are communicated effectively to reduce deviations in production schedule
- Loading & unloading all inbound & outbound shipments
- Ensure accuracy & efficiency at designated ship out stations
- Assist in additional duties as requested by management team
- Receive all incoming ingredients accurately; immediately report damages, & quality issues
- Ensure daily & accurate information flow in receiving system & paperwork
- Conduct case counts & quality sorting of received ingredients
- Cleaning warehouse, receiving area, & loading docks
- Maintain daily forklift & material handling equipment checks
- Maintain & organize pallet locations
- Conduct daily inventory & reject counts
- Learn company software & databases in order to execute receiving/inventory process & documentation
- Use forklift in a safe manner in compliance with Company Health & Safety Policy
- Communicate with Production & Receiving supervisors to ensure all orders are filled out properly & accurately
At minimum, you have:
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 year experience in a high volume receiving role or high volume food service environment
- Experience with computer based shipping/receiving systems
- Experience with Inventory Control
- Very good command of the English language reading & writing text & numbers is essential.
- Must be willing & able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation
- Must be willing & able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
- Forklift operator certification (Preferred)
- Ability to work calmly & effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Overtime, weekend, evening & holiday work, as required
- Must be willing & able to lift up to 44 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
What youll get in return:
- Competitive salary & health benefits
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn & grow
- Work with a hard-working & supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.