THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion & are always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Were seeking a full-time Temporary Art Director/ Graphic Designer to join our talented in-house Creative team for a 3-month assignment, with possible extension. This person must be hard-working, passionate, creative & strategically-minded. You must provide a link to a portfolio or PDF of relevant samples to be considered.
WHATS ON THE MENU
- Work with a team of graphic, digital, & packaging designers to create visually compelling branded marketing & advertising collateral for our email campaigns, printed materials, & digital advertising
- Work with in-house photographer, prop & food stylists to present our product in a compelling way, while adhering to brand standards
- Collaborate with copywriters & other designers to develop campaign concepts & "big ideas" which will help differentiate our brand within the competitive landscape
- Take advantage of Blue Aprons data-driven environment by considering key metrics in a way that helps optimize design across channels in a clear & measurable way & be strategically-minded by executing a range of options for testing themes & positioning
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders at all levels of the company to ensure that the look & feelof the brand is consistent across all communication channels & products
- Manage your own workload & deadlines, taking projects from concept to execution, keeping Design Director updated at key stages throughout the process
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 7+ years of design experience in editorial, marketing or advertising with some of that in the food or beverage space
- Capable of keeping an eye on the big picture, as well as the details, to drive results
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery & graphic elements
- Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment & culture, with a solution-oriented approach to challenges
- Excellent written & oral communication/presentation skills
- High proficiency in the latest Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Photo shoot & video shoot art direction & still life styling experience in the food space.
- A commitment to high-quality work & to positive & productive relationships with all team
- members, peers, managers, etc.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.