GM, Strategic Partnerships - IBM
The General Manager of Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) is a senior leader at Tanium responsible for driving a successful hybrid cloud compliance offering in concert with Taniums strategic partner, IBM. This role will shape the future of cloud security posture management leveraging Taniums leadership position in on-prem posture management. Working across both Tanium & IBM, the GM will collaborate with functional teams to establish overall product vision & go-to-market strategy, while optimizing for customer needs, satisfaction, & adoption. The ideal candidate is a seasoned executive & natural relationship-builder & will have existing relationships within IBM.
- 10-15 years of experience in the technology industry: business/product operations, corporate strategy, corporate development, and/or management consulting
- Technical background in computer science, software development, and/or cybersecurity
- Proven ability to motivate & influence third-party stakeholders without formal authority
Essential Job Functions
- Develop business case for a transformational partnership opportunities where market, business model, go-to-market, & product are not well-defined
- Drive cross-functional alignment on build-buy-partner decisions for key technologies
- Lead PMO for strategy cross-company initiatives
- Define & track business performance through KPIs & identify/drive actions to improve performance
- Align with Tanium values: we win as a team, we do the right thing, & we are unstoppable
- Willingness to take on firmly-entrenched competitors with creative approaches to technology, & tenacious pursuit to build & grow a new line of business for Tanium
- Adept at understanding & navigating organizations in order to inspire & influence internal & external customers
- Strong written communication, verbal communication & presentation skills
- Do-what-it-takes approach; willingness to get your hands dirty
- Ability to successfully recruit, conduct selection interviews, place people, give clear direction, train, develop people for promotion, build cohesive & effective teams, monitor performance thoroughly, give constructive & ongoing performance feedback, conduct annual performance appraisals
- Demonstrates initiative & motivation
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics & integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
At Tanium, we make it our mission to empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Nothing makes us happier than seeing customers faces light up as they realize the lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, & want to make a lasting impact on the organization & the industry, we'd love to talk to you. Learn more at www.tanium.com.