The Director, People Business Partner will work closely with Pelotons Business Leaders within our Corporate & Tech organizations to drive business outcomes, values adoption, leadership development, & strong employee engagement through the development & execution of an aligned talent strategy. This role is based in Pelotons NYC Headquarters.
The successful candidate will partner with leaders across the business to develop business objectives that support our People strategy. They are capable of driving change across a dynamic, fast-growing organization. This role will be accountable for leading programs at scale, from need identification to implementation, considering the unique needs of our internal client groups & in close partnership with other parts of the people team. As a member of the Corporate Business Partner & Talent Management team, this person will have a particular passion for Talent Management & will ensure talent programs are adopted & adapted as needed to fit the nuances of their business areas. This individual will also be charged with strengthening the leadership team of each function & driving an inclusive & diverse culture by providing coaching & consultation to leaders to further develop their leadership capability & capacity.
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, & deliver global programs that drive results & strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate & quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted business leader & advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach & advise senior leaders on their effectiveness, help their raise their own performance bar
- Partner with business leaders to to drive & lead through organizational change & evolution
- Develop & steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager & employee compliance with company policies & procedures, & governmental regulations, conduct investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership & employee development, compensation
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical & metrics-driven approach to solutions & drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Builds & fosters an inclusive & diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build & develop people manager skills & leadership team effectiveness
- Troubleshoot issues independently & drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal & external barriers.
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- Demonstrated progression & increased scope in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a highly influential HR role with executive level interface & impact
- Knowledge of tech industry & experience both in a start-up & an established HR environment a plus
- Deep business acumen & the executional know-how of building & growing businesses globally through the ongoing development & support of its people
- Deep knowledge of & experience in running core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching & progressive discipline), succession planning, career pathing, compensation education etc
- Ability to synthesize complex situations into a digestible, action-oriented format for business leaders & their teams
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges & designing win-win solutions across a matrix management organization
- Unique ability to flourish in a rapidly changing organization, & operate comfortably with ambiguity & complexity
- Partners with business to drive & lead through organizational change & evolution
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.