Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Personalised Support Engineers are the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners; well count on you to interact in a friendly & professional way. You will work with our customers & partners developers, architects & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Engineer to join the global Personalized Support Team. In addition, focus on providing friendly, professional customer service, while problem solving & demonstrating a high competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- 4+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API & ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Supporting customers with service level agreements (SLAs) of 3 hours or less, utilizing a ticket system such as Zendesk.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify & drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting & collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customers shoes & demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, & proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes & procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization & evaluation of situational urgency.
- Ability to de-escalate tense/tough customer situations in a live environment.
- Previous exposure or knowledge of Twilio products
- Prior telecom (Carrier, SIP, PBX) or messaging platform experience.
- Understanding of WebRTC
A regular day in the life of a Personalised Support Engineer (PSE) at Twilio would consist of working on the cases raised by various top tier customers & looking at ways to prevent future occurrences of such issues. Some examples include: examining packet capture data & engaging one of our carriers to resolve a one-way audio issue in Germany, providing advice to a customer whose web server is not responding to HTTP requests from Twilio, & calling a customer to discuss the design of a function for transferring calls between agents in a call center.
As a Personalised Support Engineer (PSE) you will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities & influence them to implement best practices.
- BE AN OWNER: Use your strong technical & diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide customer feedback to Twilios Product & Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Work with our customers' & partners' developers, architects, & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend/holidays (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team & customer needs).
This position can be based out of our Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.