Squarespaces HR Business Partner team is seeking a Manger, HR Business Partner to drive people initiatives across our Product, Strategy, & Channels & Services organizations & lead a team of two. In this role, you will partner closely with management & employees on people-related issues such as employee relations, coaching, development, compensation, organizational development & much more.
You will have the ability to zoom out & keep considerable, strategic focus on scaling for growth & retention. Youll also work hand in hand with the broader People Team on projects & initiatives to cultivate our unique culture & people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to further our culture of innovation, shape career paths at Squarespace, & redefine what it means to be a strategic partner.
This role reports into our Director, Partners & Programs & is based in our New York headquarters.
- Partner with various members of leadership on organizational & people related strategy & execution
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development & career pathing
- Be a trusted advisor in all sensitive HR areas such as employee relations, investigations, leaves of absences & compensation
- Develop & lead People team initiatives focusing on retention, engagement, recognition & talent management
- Lead the Product, Strategy, & Channels & Services organization's compensation cycles & become an expert on our compensation philosophy & practices
- Partner with the Training & Development team to develop manager & team trainings focused on development, culture & career progression
- Partner with the Recruitment & FP&A team on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles & succession planning
- Collaborate with the HRBP team to accelerate a culture of innovation & development while providing employees & managers the tools they need to be successful
- Experience strategically partnering with department heads or senior leadership
- Demonstrate solution focused thinking, empathy, strong judgment & decision making skills
- Understand people dynamics, organizational strategy & talent processes
- Desire to push the status quo & find efficiencies in how we work to spend more time on impactful partnership with managers
- A thorough understanding of HR practices, including employment law & regulations.
- 10+ years of working experience as an HR professional
- BA/BS in HR or related field
- Certifications in change management, coaching, compensation, or organizational design a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 700 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.