About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is expanding our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, & delivering highly scalable & innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business & our customers.
Daily Harvest seeks a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing QA team to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our engineering organization, youll be part of a team that ensures the quality of our software platform.
Youll work with software developers, QA Engineers, & product managers to consider the needs of Daily Harvest customers & internal business users, in addition to supplying sufficient testing for our applications. Youll be joining a team of talented & highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What youll do:
- Test new features before they are released & work closely with software engineers to ensure quality
- Document test failures & quickly route them to the appropriate parties
- Liaise with internal teams to identify software system requirements
- Collaborate on detailed, comprehensive, & well-structured software test plans & test cases based on functional specifications & system requirements
- Work with QA Engineers & QA management to continuously refine testing strategies & QA processes
- Continuously evaluate & refine the QA process
- Reproduce, triage, & manage incoming bug reports
- Conduct testing & debugging sessions from the user's point of view
- Collaborate with Engineering & Product management to define release plans for new features
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle including planning, design, test execution & release
- Partner with Engineering & Product to define quality goals & implement measurements to ensure goals are met
- Drive feedback & provide input on priorities
Who you are:
- 7+ years of software Quality Assurance experience
- 3+ years of experience working in e-commerce roles
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to pay extreme attention to detail & to see experiences from the user's point of view
- Ability to write technical acceptance criteria clearly & unambiguously
- Experience writing agile user stories & acceptance criteria
- Experience writing test plans from the customers perspective
- Knowledge of databases & SQL
- Dedication to quality with a positive, collaborative attitude & approach to testing
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere & prioritizing work appropriately
- Team player, interpersonal, analytical, & problem-solving skills
- Strong QA project leadership experience
- Bonus if you have working knowledge of Windows & macOS, all major web browsers, & iOS & Android mobile devices
- Experience with web services / API testing is a plus
- Experience in software test automation architecture, design, & development experience, including developing CI/CD is preferred
- Plus if you have experience with software test automation techniques & technologies including: integration testing (selenium or similar) or unit testing (e.g pytest, jest)
- Experience working with & testing databases & SQL is a bonus
- Accessibility testing experience is preferred
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.