Hi, we're Oscar.
Were changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service, & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better health care.
This designer will work with Oscars Platform team & will play a crucial role in driving product design vision for our suite of internal apps. This role has a unique level of breadth, working with multiple product pods to deliver meaningful results for our internal users & the members & providers they serve.
This role reports to the Group Product Design Manager in our NYC office.
- Work with product managers, technical leads, engineers & business stakeholders to ship products, flows & features that facilitate & improve Oscars internal operations
- Work across multiple product groups / product areas
- Own specific product areas of focus + depth while helping guide the holistic journey across our suite of Oscars platform tools
- Collaborate with other product designers across the organization; give & get feedback on design work during critiques
- Structure & conduct outcomes-driven user research & usability testing
- Contribute to the Oscar design language system (anatomy)
- Contribute to & lead design-driven greenfield work involving key team members & stakeholders to discover near-term & long-term areas of opportunity
- We are seeking a mid-level designer with ~3+ years of experience designing digital products. We value designers from diverse backgrounds & will consider candidates with other relevant professional experiences in determining qualification.
- Portfolio demonstrating the ability to solve difficult problems through multiple case studies
- Exceptional foundational design skills, strong product thinking skillset, deep understanding of information architecture, & familiarity with front-end development basics
- Committed to creating elegant, simple user experiences within technically complex products
- Ability to evaluate & balance user & business needs
- Experience collaborating with product managers & engineers on product specs, requirements, roadmapping, QA, & facilitating progress at all stages of a project
- Iterative design methodologies & the drive to gather feedback early & often
- Experience driving user research, experimentation, & referencing & interpreting analytics to validate design decisions
- Highly developed time-management & organizational skills
- Experience within & excitement for the space of internal tools & enterprise software
Nice to Haves:
- Experience within the healthcare space
- Experience working in-house across multiple product groups / product areas
- Experience leading or designing for design language systems
- Knowledge of data systems
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.