Vimeos mission is to empower creators to make, share & market the highest quality videos to viewers worldwide, with no interruptive advertising. At the core of Vimeos DNA is a focus on creating a seamless & intuitive workflow for video creators, & designers at Vimeo have a major impact on the business. Since Vimeos inception, we've designed beautiful, minimalistic UI around the worlds best videos, an incredibly friendly website, & engaging mobile & TV experiences.
The Growth team at Vimeo explores opportunities to grow our user base & revenue across the entire product. The teams challenge is to identify the highest impact ideas, turn them into compelling customer experiences, test them super quickly, then build the best of them.
The Growth team needs a pragmatic, tenacious designer with a strong bias for action. Someone who loves data, iterating & generating strong hypothesis-driven ideas.
What youll do:
- Bring your perspective to a focused cross-platform team to lift key business metrics that help Vimeo grow
- Execute simple & beautiful designs at a rapid cadence that combine intuitive UX with a cohesive, cross-platform product
- Engage directly with users to identify quick wins & longer term opportunities
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership your work, & take responsibility for every last detail
- Grow your design toolset in a collaborative team of designers
- Shepherd the design of new features from the concept phase all the way to release & beyond, creating product spec, process flows, wireframes, mockups, & prototypes
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, data analysts & developers of all levels & diverse experience to creatively solve problems & reach our goals
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 3-4 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Experience with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) metrics & how to iteratively build products that grow a business
- Portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience, showing work & process & illustrate how it was informed by quantitive & qualitative user research
- Ability to communicate your design vision through verbal & written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience is ideal
- Prototyping know-how (Invision, Principle and/or other front-end implementation of designs)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.